Thursday 18 August 2011

Welcome

Well, I've eventually decided to start blogging, took a while. I would like to thanks Nick and Ky for pushing me in the right direction.

Well, some of you may be wondering as to the name of this blog... It was inspired from a quotation from an English playwright and poet called William Congreve:

"I confess freely to you I could never look long upon a Monkey, without very Mortifying Reflections."

The bombshell comes when you realize that Congreve died 120 years before Darwin published On the Origin of Species. This has a kind of double entendre as the main idea behind this blog is to explore my views on evolution, nature, life and everything else that comes between. Most of this is me myself coming to terms with what has been happening in my life over the past 5 months, lots of changes and many Mortifying Reflections, but that is for another post; I hope that each of you will enjoy the journey.



Anyway, my bed is calling and it is rather early in the morning

Fare-thee-well

No comments:

Post a Comment